Sometimes, it feels like there’s no one to turn to.
There are hundreds of programs and services available across our region to help people with a wide variety of issues – but where do you start?
It’s called bc211 and it’s available on Vancouver Island.
Simply call or text 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca to connect to community, social or government services right for you. This free and confidential telephone, texting and online referral service is available 24/7 in 160 languages.
You and your loved ones can easily navigate a complex range of offerings when dealing with immediate or ongoing issues. bc211 services help individuals and community service providers access what they need, when they need it.
With a year of service under our belts the awareness and usage of bc211 continues to grow – but to keep access to bc211 on the island, we need your help.
You can ensure bc211 continues to service our region. Please donate today.
For more information, please contact Marg Rose, Director of Philanthropy at 250-220-7365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
bc211 Impact on Vancouver Island – Year One
- bc211.ca coverage is 100% province-wide
- bc211 help line reaches 60% of BC population
- 13,865 users
- Help offered in 160 different languages
- 1,757 incoming calls or texts answered
- Top 3 reasons for calling: housing/homelessness, mental health, counselling
- Street and Shelter Help Line now services Victoria
- 12,108 online visits to community resources directory
- 13,500+ services listed on bc211.ca
A special thank you to our outstanding bc211 lead donors!