A great place to work begins with its people. And, driven by excellence and a shared set of values, our team of talented professionals is dedicated to doing meaningful work in the community. Our employees are proud to work at United Way and are committed to building a region where every individual and neighbourhood can thrive.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Resource Development Officer position is a key fundraising and relationship management position. The incumbent will have strong organizational skills and will understand how to build, maintain and influence key relationships with donors, workplace volunteers, United Way long term volunteers and key community stakeholders.
Work involves utilizing specialized skills in the workplace campaign and volunteer management with strong knowledge of the operating and/or business environment. Develops, implements and manages accounts and donor cultivation plans and guides, coaches and influences volunteers and donor groups with effective fundraising strategies. May also provides team leadership and supervision of volunteers. Maintains and produces electronic and paper files, reports and analysis.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a degree in related area plus a minimum of three years experience in a similar position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the area of relationship development, leadership giving, moves management, fundraising, sales and/or marketing is required. Experience with individual giving and direct mail an asset. Experience working with volunteers is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent relationship management and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating and securing gifts
- Excellent team, leadership and volunteer supervisory skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings and training
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Consistent attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a hectic work environment
- Strong database management ability and proficiency in Microsoft office
- This position requires a valid BC driver’s license
In accordance with article 16.1 of the CUPE 50 Collective Agreement
Janet Tudor, Director of Operations firstname.lastname@example.org until the position is filled