A great place to work begins with its people. Driven by excellence and a shared set of values, our team of talented professionals is dedicated to doing meaningful work in the community. Our employees are proud to work at United Way and are committed to building a region where every individual and neighbourhood can thrive.
Major Gifts Specialist
The Major Gifts Specialist (MGS) will be responsible for leading a variety of activities to engage donors and grow fundraising revenue. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the MGS will collaborate with management and the workplace fundraising staff and volunteers to continue to make the UWGV the charity of choice in the Victoria community.
Sample of Accountabilities:
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gifts ($10K+) and planned gifts.
- Develops personalized donor and comprehensive individual strategies and tactics for a portfolio of 150 – 200 supporters.
- Sustains and grows the Major Gift area and meets specific fundraising targets.
- Leads approximately $2M in annual fundraising
- Integral in driving ongoing growth
- Develops Major Gifts soliciting strategy
- Monitors the progress of annual goals to ensure success.
- Works with seasoned volunteers to help facilitate donor connections, stewardship and engagement.
- Maintains database updates of donor communications as required.
- Assists in annual development planning, events, supports integration and engagement of major gift donors within the overall donor experience.
- Oversees the identification, solicitation and engagement of potential major donors through the workplace/community campaign and the community at large.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reporting of key activity and financial indicators.
- Develops and deploys donor recognition strategies.
- Provides a high level of personal contact (face-to-face meetings, calls) with major giving donors, cultivating relationships and moving donors through all stages of the donor cycle.
- Exercises exceptional discretion and tact, with a high degree of accountability and unquestioned ethics.
- Must be able to take immediate actions that will both create momentum today and achieve long-term results into the future.
- Must perform all duties and activities in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of UWGV and adhere to the organization’s policies and procedures at all times.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years fundraising experience which includes proven cultivation and solicitation track record
- Fundraising accreditation is strongly preferred
- Ideal candidate will have an excellent track record in fund development, securing major gifts ($10K+) and facilitating multi-year gifts
- Grant and proposal writing an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of and engagement in the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database systems. Must have ability to use computers to manage data to analyze and generate reports
To ensure the success of both the MGS and the UWGV this role requires an individual who is:
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to create and achieve results
- An excellent communicator
- Analytically strong
- Experienced in sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- Strategic and a creative thinker and who works proactively, managing competing priorities
- Skilled in strong relationship building
- Focused on attention to detail
- Experienced in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Competent to power through challenges
- Passionate and empathetic toward community causes ( “a better society”)
- Able to work non-traditional hours to execute events and meet the needs of donors
There will be some travel involved therefore a valid BC driver’s license is required
Job Type: Full-time
For more information and to apply CLICK HERE