Organizational/Sector Effectiveness and Capacity Building Grants
UWGV recognizes that on occasion, there is an organizational or sectoral need to build capacity or to respond to a short-term, or one-time opportunity or intervention. Capacity building grants are being offered to assist in strengthening an organization’s infrastructure, management and/or governance.
Organizational/Sector Effectiveness and Capacity Building Grants provide one-time funding to focus on organization or sectoral capacity building activities that will better serve the CRD in our community. To access a funding application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Eligible activities may include (see definitions below):
- Capacity Building
- Temporary Core Administration
- Program Research/Evaluation
- Program Accessibility
- Community/Sector/Neighbourhood Initiatives
- Volunteer Engagement and Mobilization
- Other activities that build capacity will be considered
- Requests in this category are eligible for one-time funding.
- Maximum one grant per organization, per year.
- Organizations must complete an Online Application.
- Funding in this category is dependent upon the availability of UWGV funding each year.
- To be eligible, an organization’s main activities must be consistent with one of UWGV priority areas or vulnerable populations as outlined in the Community Investment Framework.
- Projects are not eligible for additional administration or overhead.
- Maximum funding $15,000. Funding is limited and not every request may be fully funded.
- Requests for funding are approved quarterly.
- Approved agencies must sign a MOU and meet UWGV reporting requirements.
- Work must be completed by March 31, 2019.
Summary of Key Dates
Under this funding stream eligible organizations are invited to complete applications at any time. Requests for funding will be reviewed quarterly according to the following schedule:
|Quarterly Application Deadlines||Number of Grants Available||Anticipated Funding Announcements||Grant Completion|
|May 30, 2018||5||June 30, 2018||March 31, 2019|
|July 30, 2018||5||August 30, 2018||March 31, 2019|
|October 1, 2018||5||October 30, 2018||March 31, 2019|
Funding Reviews and Approvals (How we Fund)
Applications will be reviewed by UWGV staff for eligibility and general compliance with the funding guidelines and reviewed with support from volunteers with subject area expertise and/or with lived experience within each focus area. All recommendations will be forwarded to the Community Impact Steering Committee for final review and approval by the UWGV Board of Directors.
Funding will commence upon final approval.
Organizations will be required to sign and comply with UWGV’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The agreement outlines the responsibilities of UWGV and the responsibilities of the funded community partner.
Updates and a final report will be required of each organization. All funding agreements are subject to amendment at the discretion of UWGV.
Additional Resources & References:
- Community Investment Framework PDF
- Vulnerable Populations PDF
- How We Fund PDF
- UWGV MOU PDF
- 2017 Community Consultation Report
Please email email@example.com directly for access to the Organizational/Sector Effectiveness Capacity Building Grant application.