Your commitment can make a difference today for individuals and for generations to come. Your gift, big or small, can create change.
Every year, generous donors throughout Greater Victoria join our efforts in building a strong and caring community. The reasons for giving to United Way are vast: we are a leader in the social service sector a fundraiser and community funder. We aim to address the immediate needs of the community on an annual basis, while creating long-term strategies to target the root causes of social issues facing our region.
We unite community partners, volunteers, donors, business, labour and government in a common cause of caring. Whether you’re giving through a workplace through payroll deductions, giving a gift directly, contributing a major gift or planned gift, you’ll see the positive change you’re helping make — wherever you live in Greater Victoria.
EVERY DAY HERO $1 a day/$365 yr
- Art supplies, books and food for youth at weekly counseling sessions for 6 months.
- Warm socks and hygiene supplies for homeless youth.
- Two support workshops for hearing parents of deaf children.
$5 A WEEK/$260 YR
- A safe place for youth to attend an evening drop-in program for a week.
- Four trauma counseling session for low-income individuals.
- Ten weeks of financial literacy training for a woman who has experienced domestic violence.
$10 A WEEK/$520 YR
- One week of autism summer day camp for one child.
- Kitchen supplies for 15 single moms to cook healthy meals for their families.
- Transportation for seniors to be able to leave the isolation of their homes to attend a weekly social program.
$25 A WEEK/$1,200 YR
- Mentorship and support for 3 children for a year.
- Job search assistance support for more than 1,000 people.
- Program funding to help 8 youth with mental health issues improve their coping and social skills.