A great place to work begins with its people. Driven by excellence and a shared set of values, our team of talented professionals is dedicated to doing meaningful work in the community. Our employees are proud to work at United Way and are committed to building a region where every individual and neighbourhood can thrive.
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
United Way Greater Victoria (UWGV) is recognized for its unwavering commitment to improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. Driven by a unified objective for meaningful work in the community, employees are proud to work at the United Way. The UWGV envisions a local community where both individuals and neighborhoods thrive, where children can reach their full potential, and the most vulnerable are provided with the supports to realize a better future.
Victoria offers welcoming communities, vibrant arts and culinary scenes and activities as diverse as you can dream. Pair that with a beautiful surrounding natural environment, warm summers and mild winters. People from across the globe choose to call Victoria home. From skiing to surfing, fishing to golfing, boating to hiking, or just breathing in the ocean air, life is pretty good on Vancouver Island.
Chemistry Consulting Group is proud to partner with the UWGV to search for an experienced Major Gifts Officer (MGO) who is responsible to lead and facilitate revenue development related to individual giving and major gifts ($10K+). Focus will be on maximizing support from UWGV’s top donors and key corporate and Campaign cabinet leaders.
The MGO will be responsible for leading a variety of activities to engage donors and grow fundraising revenue. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the MGO will collaborate with management and the workplace fundraising staff and volunteers to continue to make the UWGV the charity of choice in the Victoria community.
Sample of Accountabilities:
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gifts ($10K+) and planned gifts.
- Develops personalized donor and comprehensive individual strategies and tactics for a portfolio of 75 -100 supporters.
- Sustains and grows the Major Gift area and meets specific fundraising targets.
- Leads approximately $1.3M in annual fundraising
- Integral in driving ongoing growth
- Develops Major Gifts soliciting strategy
- Monitors the progress of annual goals to ensure success.
- Works with seasoned volunteers to help facilitate donor connections, stewardship and engagement.
- Maintains database updates of donor communications as required.
- Assists in annual development planning, events, supports integration and engagement of major gift donors within the overall donor experience.
- Oversees the identification, solicitation and engagement of potential major donors through the workplace/community campaign and the community at large.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reporting of key activity and financial indicators.
- Develops and deploys donor recognition strategies.
- Provides a high level of personal contact (face-to-face meetings, calls) with major giving donors, cultivating relationships and moving donors through all stages of the donor cycle.
- Exercises exceptional discretion and tact, with a high degree of accountability and unquestioned ethics.
- Must be able to take immediate actions that will both create momentum today and achieve long-term results into the future.
- Must perform all duties and activities in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of UWGV and adhere to the organization’s policies and procedures at all times.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years fundraising experience which includes proven cultivation and solicitation track record
- Fundraising accreditation (CFRE) is strongly preferred
- Ideal candidate will have an excellent track record in fund development, securing major gifts ($10K+) and facilitating multi-year gifts
- Grant and proposal writing an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of and engagement in the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database systems. Must have ability to use computers to manage data to analyze and generate reports
To ensure the success of both the MGO and the UWGV this role requires an individual who is:
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to create and achieve results
- An excellent communicator
- Analytically strong
- Experienced in sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- Strategic and a creative thinker and who works proactively, managing competing priorities
- Skilled in strong relationship building
- Focused on attention to detail
- Experienced in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Competent to power through challenges
- Passionate and empathetic toward community causes ( “a better society”)
- Available to work non-traditional hours to execute events and meet the needs of donors
There will be some travel involved therefore a valid BC driver’s license is required
In order to be considered for this impactful opportunity please visit https://chemistryconsulting.ca/current-opportunities and follow the prompts to submit a resume and cover letter which clearly outlines your relevant experience by Noon on Friday, August 02, 2019.
We would like to thank you for your interest in this opportunity, however; only those considered to be suitably qualified will be contacted.
DONOR RELATIONS OFFICER
What’s the job?
Our Donor Relations department is in search of a “Campaigner” also known as a Donor Relations Officer (DRO). This individual would be responsible for bringing a donor-centric approach to this exciting account management and fundraising role. To be successful in this role the candidate will need strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to develop and foster relations and results with donors, workplace volunteers, United Way long term volunteers and key community stakeholders.
The successful candidate works independently with specific accounts but also as part of an integrated donor relations team. They will be responsible for building and strengthening productive, trusting and respectful relationships with a wide array of stakeholders in order to maximize revenue generation in the community campaign. They must be highly skilled in public presentations as they are a very visible and public representative of UWGV. This individual must possess proven management and leadership skills, revenue generation, organizational image and operational effectiveness as this position significantly impacts external relationships at a senior level.
What you will get to do every day?
- Responsible for meeting fundraising goals
- Utilize your strong interpersonal skills
- Apply your problem solving talents
- Be a team player; collaborative
- Demonstrate your leadership skills
- Passionate about the donor experience
- Administer and facilitate meetings and training
- Exhibit your strong presentation and training skills
- Utilize your analytical abilities
- Consistent attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
What are we looking for?
- Four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in a related area
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products including word and excel and CRM experience an asset
- A minimum three years’ experience in the area of relationship development, fundraising, sales and/or marketing is required
- Team leadership experience an asset
- Account/sales management successful track record
- Valid BC driver’s license
Apply to: Janet Tudor, Director of Operations, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org