A great place to work begins with its people. Driven by excellence and a shared set of values, our team of talented professionals is dedicated to doing meaningful work in the community. Our employees are proud to work at United Way and are committed to building a region where every individual and neighbourhood can thrive.
United Way Greater Victoria (UWGV) is recognized for its unwavering commitment to improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. Driven by a unified objective for meaningful work in the community, employees are proud to work at the United Way.
The Executive Coordinator (EC) is responsible for providing quality administrative support to the CEO, Leadership team and the Board of Directors (BOD). This enriching, rewarding role also provides administrative support for projects, special events, and communication initiatives.. The Executive Coordinator works with a variety of stakeholders including community and corporate partners, key contacts in the public sector, and senior leadership at UWGV and United Way nationally.
Job Requirements include:
- Exercise the highest level of good judgment and focus in the handling of confidential information on behalf of the CEO and the Board
- Maintain secure, thorough and readily accessible files for organizational documents, including policies, plans, calendars, reports and org charts
- Provide administrative assistance with a proactive approach including drafting and finalizing documents, keeping minutes, correspondence, data and file management
- Support and maintain the CEO’s appointments and business calendar
- Provide administrative and basic analytical support as directed from time to time for special projects
- Research organizations, opportunities and individuals as required
Board (BOD) Duties:
- Recording Secretary to the Board; take and prepare minutes in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare and distribute agendas and background material for Executive and Board meetings in consultation with the CEO
- Maintain secure, accurate and up-to-date records of all Board proceedings, decisions, motions and planning events
- Coordinate meetings including invites, securing room and catering as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of related experience providing administrative support within a senior/executive level office environment
- An undergraduate degree or other relevant education (college certificate or diploma) is preferred
- Ability to research organizations, opportunities and individuals as required
- MS Office suite of applications – proficiency
- Self-starter with strong time-management skills and the ability to multi-task, to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and cope with interruptions and changing priorities
- Exceptionally well organized
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and display exceptional judgment and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and highly adept with oral and written communications
- Proficient and accurate at minute taking, meeting preparations, report writing and timely distribution to the appropriate parties
- A problem solver
- Collaborative team player
For this full time position, United Way Greater Victoria offers a very competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you possess the experience and skill-set that we are looking for and you enjoy a high energy working environment committed to making a positive impact, please submit your application to: Janet Tudor, Director Operations email: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23, 4:30 pm.
Thank you for your interest in this position, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DONOR RELATIONS OFFICER
What’s the job?
Our Donor Relations department is in search of a “Campaigner” also known as a Donor Relations Officer (DRO). This individual would be responsible for bringing a donor-centric approach to this exciting account management and fundraising role. To be successful in this role the candidate will need strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to develop and foster relations and results with donors, workplace volunteers, United Way long term volunteers and key community stakeholders.
The successful candidate works independently with specific accounts but also as part of an integrated donor relations team. They will be responsible for building and strengthening productive, trusting and respectful relationships with a wide array of stakeholders in order to maximize revenue generation in the community campaign. They must be highly skilled in public presentations as they are a very visible and public representative of UWGV. This individual must possess proven management and leadership skills, revenue generation, organizational image and operational effectiveness as this position significantly impacts external relationships at a senior level.
What you will get to do every day?
- Responsible for meeting fundraising goals
- Utilize your strong interpersonal skills
- Apply your problem solving talents
- Be a team player; collaborative
- Demonstrate your leadership skills
- Passionate about the donor experience
- Administer and facilitate meetings and training
- Exhibit your strong presentation and training skills
- Utilize your analytical abilities
- Consistent attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
What are we looking for?
- Four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in a related area
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products including word and excel and CRM experience an asset
- A minimum three years’ experience in the area of relationship development, fundraising, sales and/or marketing is required
- Team leadership experience an asset
- Account/sales management successful track record
- Valid BC driver’s license
Apply to: Janet Tudor, Director of Operations, Email: email@example.com